Friday, June 1, 2012

Good morning and happy Friday. I never realized how easily distracted I can get because of a habit. I leave work and drive the same way home every day. Just before leaving I need to make a stop by a store on the way. I just talked about it and walked out but visited on the way to the truck with someone else and completely forgot to stop by the store. I was almost home when I realized it. It's because of the habit I have of doing the same thing over and over again. Without thinking of what I should be doing, I just go along doing what I always do. Not good if I have some really bad issues. How routine are we making our Lord? Usually I sit at home in the same spot to write down the things He has put on my heart, so today I left early and went to work and done it differently. I'm gonna get out of this routine place I let myself go so that I can think more about what's going on at the moment. I don't want to make my worship and my relationship a habit in the way that I don't put much thought or myself into it. Conviction will do more for us than we know, and I know I've done just that in my daily walk. So today I'm gonna walk the long way and around the way and all kinds of other stuff and thank God each time I do for letting me know what I was doing. He doesn't want us wondering off from Him. He wants us close, but by our choice. He's already chosen us, now we need to choose Him. It'll be a little different today but it should be a great awakening for me today. So take a different way when you can and see God in a new light. Don't make Him a habit you just go through the motions with. Live for Him everyday. In love always. <>< 

No comments:

Post a Comment