Friday, March 8, 2013

Good morning and happy Friday. How does it make you feel when someone asks you to pray for them? Do you say you will and then don't or if you do is it a short quick prayer to say you did it? How are we as Christians treating our brothers and sisters in our prayer life? It used to make me feel uncomfortable when someone asked me to pray for them. Looking back I see God making me do it and getting me out of my comfort zone. Since those days I've found I have no more comfort zone, at least one that's a problem to deal with. Why are we so apprehensive to speak to our Father on the behalf of someone else. Is it because we'er forced into the light before the throne and we don't want to see ourselves as we are? We are to approach Him with boldness and confidence, not the arrogant kind, but the humble and serving kind. So when you're feeling that sense of being nudged in a direction that feels uncomfortable it's because it is and God is needing you to move. He's got work for you to do and you're holding up the works. When we can get to that place of transparency, prodding and nudging are no longer needed and like a grown up has more responsibility, so do we as children of he most high, to our brothers and sisters. We owe it to them and most certainly to God for all He has done for us. It's the least we can do. We should feel honor and blessed and loved when asked to move. It means we're being prepared to move closer to Him. It's good to tell people you love them. It's better to show them. In love always <>< 

No comments:

Post a Comment