Monday, July 4, 2016

Good morning and happy Monday. Man what a week last week. And it's continuing this week as well. Your prayers have been felt and it's overwhelming. Thank you. I was sitting in a hospice room the other night with a very precious 84 year young lady, watching her as the others had gone to get a bite and take some much needed relief to breathe. As I watched her laying there taking labored breaths, I got to thinking about it being her last ones. She has spent 84 years on this earth taking breaths and having her breath taken away by moments in life. And here we are to last ones. And yet these are the ones taking my breath away. Leaving me pondering life and death and God and heaven. How important these last few of her life are for me. Passing on life in the same way God breathed life into us. The saying is, life is too short, and that's true. But a life well lived will last forever. It's passed on through memories. Our loved ones breathe live into us. We breathe live into others. Our network of relationships is so broad and tangled into others that we leave the memory of ourselves on others we make contact with. What kind of life are we breathing into others ? How much life are we taking from them ? What moments took their breath away ? Her last breaths here were not her last ones. I will carry them with me and pass on that love of family and friends to mine. And I pray that they see God in me and pass on my breaths of Him to others. Let your breath of life speak of God and the salvation His son Jesus has brought to us. Pass on the breath of life to every one you meet and know. It is the most precious and valuable gift in all the world. Let your last breath be singing His praises. In love always <><

No comments:

Post a Comment