Monday, December 26, 2016

Good morning and happy Monday. Well the wave of Christmas is over. Now what? I was reading some stuff the other day about surfing. I don't know why but I was. Any way, a guy named Tom Blake invented the hollow board used today. Rabbit trail that lead to me seeing a picture of about 10-12 people riding a small wave together into the shore. As many of you know, I like to talk and visit with people all the time. Over the last week or so I've heard some stories of life and how it's been rough for one, decent for another, and just amazing for yet another. Well, as God often does when He and I visit, He shows me the waves of life these folks and myself ride. A friend with cancer will have a tougher part of the wave to ride than say someone who just had a baby. We ride these waves of life to the shore and then, get this, we paddle back out and catch another one. As we paddle out we will pass by friends riding their next one in. And when we reach that point out in the deep, we will wait for what looks like the perfect wave to ride in on. We'll pass on some and wait. And wait. Wait, that one looks good. Here we go. We stand up and start the ride. But this is not what we wanted. It's turned into a terrible ride and we may not make it in. What usually happens here? What do we usually do now ? Before, I would have no idea, but now I simply hit me knees and pray. I pray to God who made this wave and all the things of this earth. He is where I find my strength and my resolve. Through Him and Him alone I can make it to the shore. And then, I'll paddle back out again to see what life has and who, if not just me alone, I can have an impact on by showing how God and God alone gives us this strength. So no matter where you are, good wave, bad wave, in between wave, ride it all the way and see the glory of God in it all. And most importantly, paddle back out. In love always. <><

No comments:

Post a Comment