Monday, June 6, 2011

Service

Goof morning and happy Monday. Service, serve. Those words we say and want to do but don't always. It is the easier part of life to do though. We love to help people when we can. We feel good about ourselves and that's ok, as long as that's not the reason for it to begin with. But the flip of that is the hardest, receiving the service. I blow, and really blew, this one this weekend. It's hard to allow people to help us even when we're neck deep in the quicksand. I had a chance to make a call to a friend, a very dear friend, to help out in a spot, and I didn't. I don't know why, it's certainly not because I didn't want him there. We tend to be great givers more than receivers. And while the serving is the better, we have to be able to receive as well. The same way we have to receive what Jesus came and did for us. I denied my friend the chance to serve. I don't really have the right to do that. Thank you Roger for those words of wisdom. It wont happen again. I love you all and I care for you too and if I need help I will be asking. In love always. <><

No comments:

Post a Comment