Monday, April 16, 2012

Help Them Stay Wet

Good morning and happy Monday. It was baptism Sunday at church yesterday. A lot of people went public with their faith. It was nice to see hearts being changed and lives headed in a new direction. How long where you wet from your time in the water? In the moment, I felt like it would last forever, but I was about 14 or so and those of you who know my past know it didn't last long. I was dried up and done with the whole mess relatively quick. What happened? I don't believe I was too young. I do believe that there was no one around to help me through the next phases of that change in my life. Too many times people get out of the water and ask, "Now what?". Being there and not letting someone go alone helps them stay wet and keeps your fire burning. God designed us as community people. To be there for each other. To strengthen each other. No isolation or keeping people at an arms length. When your community is all up in your business, you usually keep your business good. Don't be afraid to reach out and don't be afraid to be reached out to. God guides us when we let Him and gives the words to say when we listen. Be an instrument for Him to use in the lives of others. Don't stand by and let another's fire go out. We need each other. In love always. <><

No comments:

Post a Comment