Friday, September 27, 2013

Good morning and happy Friday. Enough said. Anyway, today is my oldest daughters birthday. It sure makes me feel old for her to be 22. Yet other friends of mine my age are grandparents already, not ready for that yet. But as I look back at the years of my daughters life I'm reminded of where I was in mine. It wasn't a bad place but it certainly wasn't in the light much. I can honestly say that when she was born, my life took a whole new direction. There are a few people along the way that helped to polish me up a bit but that has to be the main course changer in this river of life of mine. The view I had after that was now through a different set of eyes. Eyes of a father. The love and care I now had for this child would slowly mold me in a way I couldn't see. That love of a father for his kids is being lost today by the way side. It's not the same anymore. It saddens me, because this is the love our Heavenly Father has for us. We all need to know it and to feel it. The good part for those without an earthly father loving them, the God of Heaven loves us all the same all the time. He is truly a God of love. But make no mistake that if you go along trying Him, you will feel the sting of life. Just like every good dad, bad behavior has consequences. But it's the love part that I can see as I reflect on my life as a dad with two kids, now four, and one already in Heaven that I get how much He loves me. He really does love me. The screw up, the teen on the wayward side of things, the young adult lost in the worldly world of satan. I've never been too far away. In fact, the furthest I've been is one step away. Thank you God for my children and the tool they are to show your love for us. Thank you for always loving us, no matter what. In love always. <><

No comments:

Post a Comment