Friday, October 4, 2013

Good morning and happy Friday. No need for a camel on this day. I was asked a question yesterday that sat with me most of the day. "Why are you doing this? And what made you want to do it? ". The discussion was about my adventure God has for me in the "Paid In Full" ministry that we're getting started. It's going to help those in need; elderly, poor, and kids somehow someway this is going to happen. So as I'm out handling a minor problem with a window decal, and she asked me that. Not to be ugly or anything just wanted to know. It got me to thinking about it. Why don't we help? I think inside us all is that desire to help someone. We all want that at some level. Last night I was blessed and touched by hearing a man, who you need to look up, "Doc" Hendly. He decided to help kids get water. Simple. Get them some water. Read his story to see how big our God is. My daughter texts me last night after that speaking event and wants to know what she is to be doing with her life. She doesn't want to go through the motions of life and never accomplish anything for someone else. Makes a dad proud by the way. But that took me back to question of why I'm doing it. Why wouldn't I? Why won't you? I know many of you are doing great things for a lot of people. But if you find yourself wondering about this, pray. Ask God to guide you. Why would we not help anyone in need? This lady who asked wants to help too. She just doesn't know how to. I don't either, but God equips us as we take those first steps. He needs to see that we're willing to follow Him on this journey He has before us. When you surrender your will to His, you will taste new life in a way you can't believe. On my own I would have messed all of this up completely, but I'm not in charge of this and certainly not leading it. As God chose people to use in the Bible, it was always the least likely ones. I guess I'm a least likely. And from some in my past that know me, they would agree. When your kids are hungry you feed them. When God's children are hungry we are to feed them. I'm sorry this is so long but this is God's deal. Look inside at what you are passionate about and go help with it. You'll get your tools as you go. In love always. <><

No comments:

Post a Comment