Monday, January 23, 2012

The Bureaucracy of Church

Good morning and happy Monday. I love going to church and church functions. Trust me, it wasn't always like that either. But I figured out that what it is I like is not the "church" but the people, who are the church. The building and the bureaucracy that go with church, I despise. The more I study about what Jesus was teaching the more I see how much we are becoming the Pharisee. We love money and power and lost sight of the lost souls. We think if more are coming in then more are being saved. People in need of salvation are leery of the motives of a church  from the start. They look to see the heart of it and it's leaders. If it's not reflecting Jesus then it's not going to get them to seek Him. A church full of back patters who don't follow Him or really have deep concern for the soul of others, will end up just a building full of people. We all want to feel good, but there is a difference in feeling good and doing good. Feeling good comes from doing not sitting and being fed by someone else needing their own echoes stroked. That is the heart of the Pharisee, not my Lord and savior. Be more than a church building, be a church. In love always. <><

No comments:

Post a Comment